BENEFITS OF STUDYING ABROAD
Studying abroad allows students to see the world and broaden their experience.
Traveling to other countries gives the student a chance to be a cultural ambassador for America which can help dispel other’s misconceptions about our country. At the same time, it offers an opportunity to break down some of the student’s own stereotypes.
Studying abroad can also get the student in touch with his own family’s heritage, giving him a chance to discover his family’s culture for the first time.
From a more practical point of view, an international experience is critical in today’s world and can greatly expand the student’s career opportunities. Employees with a global perspective are in high demand.
Why Study Abroad?
- Many schools have comparable academic standing with top U.S. universities.
- Higher cost of living can be offset by much cheaper tuition and fees.
- Most bachelor’s degrees take only three years.
- Classes often held Monday through Thursday, giving opportunities for travel.
The Pitfalls of Studying Abroad
- Class size is bigger.
- Fewer counseling services and less amenities for students.
- Credits are not always recognized in the U.S.
Resources for Studying Abroad
- The Center for Global Education - provides education to help prepare students for studying abroad as well as links to colleges and universities around the world.
- National Association for Studying Abroad - the worlds largest association dedicated to the promotion of international education. Their work has facilitated understanding, respect and cooperation among people around the world.
- The Institute of International Education - the Institute produces seminars and other programs for educators resulting in study tours, internships and educational and cultural exchanges that have enriched thousands of students.
Contact College Funding International now for information on how we can help you save money on college expenses—whether overseas or in the United States.